Friday 16 September 2016

Pull Focus Examples and Evaluation


The task was to simply shoot a few clips demonstrating your ability to employ the pull focus technique. I think most of my clips worked well in demonstrating it but could have maybe been of more interesting subjects. Also, some of the clips had the foreground and background too close together, so the focus shift wasn't that big and the effect wasn't that noticeable. To improve upon this, I would just use objects that are further apart and get the camera closer to the foreground subject. The last thing that I would improve on would be to shoot in stronger light, as I had my aperture on the lowest setting (f3.5) and it was still too dark and I had to bump up the ISO to 400 or 800, resulting in some grainy examples. Overall, I think the video is fine for showing the technique, and just has a few things that could have been improved upon if I re-shot it.

No comments:

Post a Comment